Walking the red carpet that night were many stars of classic film such as, in no particular order of importance:
- Eva Marie Saint of "On The Waterfront" and "North By Northwest,"
- Ann Jeffries, who is remembered for her television work, such as 1950's "Topper" series.
- Marvin Kaplan of It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World,
- Robert Hays, of "Airplane,"
- Ann Blyth who played Veda in "Mildred "Pierce,"
- Tippi Hedren of "The Birds" and "Marnie,"
- Theodore Bikel of "My Fair Lady,"
- Jane Withers of Giant and was a child star in the 1930's celebrated her 87th Birthday.
- Leonard Maltin, Film Critic
- France Nuyen, "South Pacific"
- Mitzi Gaynor, "South Pacific"
- Marge Champion, "The Swimmer"
It was great to meet these stars and to see all the fans across from us in the bleachers cheering them on.
The film "Funny Girl" has been fully restored and it was showing that night to VIP ticket holders at the TCL Chinese Theater (formerly "Grauman's Chinese Theater."
I just read today that the Chinese Theater will be going through extensive renovation when the TCMFF ends, so I'm glad I had a chance to see all of this before then.
Here are some photos from the event: